A great learning experience.
A chance to grow professionally.
A daytime, weekday work schedule.
An informal, relaxed work atmosphere.
A full benefits package and a competitive salary.
If these things appeal to you in an employer, we need to talk!
We are United, a 46-year old, privately-held Memphis-based
service and logistics company with the leading technology in
our our industry. We have almost 500 employees throughout 10
states and thanks to our growth, we have recently moved to a
large, new facility in the heart of Collierville. Our goal as
a company is to recruit the top talent and connect this talent
to our clients through the use of cutting-edge technology.
As part of this growth, we are now seeking an Accounts
Receivable Specialist. In this role, you will serve as a
conduit to identify issues such as payment disputes with
customers and summarize information so that the issues can be resolved.
Your other essential duties and responsibilities will include:
* Accurately apply payments to business customer accounts on
a punctual basis
* Work with customers to resolve disputed invoices in a
* Review assigned business customer related A/R accounts at
least once each month
* Communicate with customers regarding past due accounts on a
* Provide management with timely reporting of all
communications to our customers
* Ensure company A/R collection and receivables procedures
* Communicate effectively with interdepartmental staff
* Develop and maintain working relationships with our
business customers and other departments
* Make recommendations to improve quality and effectiveness
of collection procedures
We have a very relaxed, informal work atmosphere, and a
family-friendly, Monday-Friday daytime work schedule. Our
full-time employees may participate in major medical, dental,
vision, life and disability insurance plans, and a 401(k)
Savings Plan with company match. We also offer a competitive
compensation package, paid time off and promotional
opportunities. By the way, we like to have a little fun at
Your qualifications should include a minimum of 2 years
recent experience in Accounts Receivable and the following:
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the
flexibility to handle various job assignments
* Solid knowledge of all MS Office products
* Experience with one or more of the following accounting
systems: Quickbooks, Great Plains, Peachtree, SAP, JD Edwards,
Oracle or other comparable system
* An advanced knowledge of MS Excel is highly desired
You also must be detail-oriented, have strong critical
thinking and analysis skills, as well as organizational and
time-management skills. A degree is helpful, but not required.
If you are a positive team player who is a motivated
self-starter and prides themselves on delivering great
customer service, we want to talk with you!
United is growing---come grow with us!